Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas

OVERVIEW: This book is a continuation of the Throne of Glass series, the second book. In this book, Celaena is now the King's Champion. The king commands Celaena to assassinate a man she knew in her life before Endovier. Before Celaena does the job, she tells the prince she wants more time for this job so she can find out more about the rebel group this man is in. This book follows Celaena's journey of trying to uncover the secrets of this rebel group, and to save her old friend.

MY THOUGHTS: First of all, OH MY GOSH WAS THIS AMAZING. There were so many plot twists and unexpected events. I read this book on my laptop, and I literally dropped my laptop more than once because of everything that happens in this book! It's so CRAZY. Celaena's relationships with Chaol and Dorian develop even more in this book than they had in TOG. And I honestly feel like Celaena matured more throughout this book, even if she's still an assassin. Maas's writing is so thrilling, it's hard to describe! I feel like I'm literally in the world and had to adjust when I stopped reading and went back to the 'real world'. This is honestly, so far, one of the best series I've read in a while! I highly suggest the Throne of Glass series, and I'm only on book two of six!

SPOILERS: Once again, I am neither Team Chaol or Team Dorian. Chaol is just really cocky, in my opinion, and I can't stand that. I think Dorian is really sweet and wants to do good, but with him being the Crown Prince and Celaena being a criminal/assassin and pretty much against anything the King says or does, I know a relationship between the two could never work out.
I was SO pissed when Nehemia died, I wanted to go into the world to take care of such injustice! Like, I feel like I should have known it would happen since she's a princess and is also against the King (although he doesn't know it), but I still loved her character! The one thing that did surprise me though was that Archer killed her! I honestly thought that the King paid someone to off her..
AND THE ENDING, WOW. That's about all I can say; Celaena is part fae and Dorian has magic; the King is an asshole and WOW.



So, I've been watching some booktubers and one of the channels I like uses a "Grading" System instead of the Star system, and I think I'll like that better so I'm going to do that instead. Because, as she pointed out, I could really like a book, and still give it four stars. I could like a book and give it three stars, but hate a book and give it two, there isn't much room for people to actually know how wonderful you think the book is.

My "Grading" System rating is a 97%.

No comments:

Post a Comment