Saturday, February 27, 2016

Front Lines by Michael Grant

OVERVIEW: This book follows three different young ladies in an alternate history of World War II. In this reality, women were also drafted into the war. These three different girls come from different parts of the United States with different backgrounds. There is one white girl, an African American girl, and a Jewish girl; these three all enlist into the army before they can be drafted. The first half of the book follows the girls' decisions to enlist and their time in boot camp. The second half follows the girls' to Tunisia, North Africa, to the front lines.

MY THOUGHTS: I was so disappointed with this book. World War II is one of my favorite historical fiction subjects so I'll read almost anything with high expectations. This book did not meet my expectations. I felt that the plot was really slow, with no twists or turns or unexpected events. I couldn't even pick out what the climax was. The one thing I did find interesting was the setting of Tunisia, I have never read a WWII book set in Africa, so I did like that perspective.

I give this book a 2/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment